Pages

Thursday 11 July 2013

My Favorite Way to Socialize

Scene: My boyfriend's living room

Characters: Me, my boyfriend, and his roommate

We're all playing video games.  I wouldn't say it's a common occurrence, but recently we've been playing Mario Party on the Wii.  It's a fun game and it's socially enjoyable.  I don't love video games, but the fact that this is basically a strategy board game played on a different interface.



This has become one of my favorite social activities.  I love spending time with my boyfriend but I do find time with others extremely stressful.  However, this is a great way to be social while also be distracted by something else that requires attention but isn't overstimulating.  I enjoy the game and I think the critical thinking  and strategy it requires takes up enough of my brainpower to keep me focused on the game instead of the socializing.

I absolutely have a hard time focusing on one thing.  I've always had a bit of a hyperactive mind.  However, for whatever reason, this activity is one that's currently working to calm my brain a bit and keep me on one enjoyable task.

No comments:

Post a Comment