Pages

Monday 25 February 2013

Advice?

Every person is unique.
Every autistic person is unique.
And every neurotypical person is unique.
As much as I find solace and comfort in the autism community, I'll preface this by saying that I know that my autism might not be exactly the same as your autism and we all have different quirks and challenges and superpowers.  Sometimes, autistics relate better to neurotypicals on some matters.  And sometimes, we just  need the advice of an older, wiser, more experienced autistic.  
So I'm here asking for advice.  Advice about people.  Advice about relationships.  Advice about interacting with people and building healthy relationships.  I'm looking to learn from anybody and everybody on the autism spectrum or identifying as having Asperger's Syndrome or autism.  I find myself metaphorically torn at the moment and I'm having a lot of difficulty being myself and loving myself when I am being pulled   metaphorically in so many directions.  I want more than anything to be a self-sufficient grown-up, but I'm really having difficulty fulfilling my obligations to myself when I'm being tempted by friendship and romance.  Trying to satisfy all the people around me is particularly difficult when I just don't know how to speak to them comfortably.  
I am 20 years old and I have many skills and abilities, but social skills have never been my forte.  Comment or email me, please, if you'd be willing to share some wisdom.
I'd really appreciate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment